Adopt One Simple Act
Check out how you can Adopt One Simple Act:
Make Your One Simple Act Count
One Simple Act promotes individual action by connecting Albertans to information, tools and programs that make a difference to our environment. Albertans are ready to make changes that prevent waste, conserve water and reduce energy consumption.
Join your neighbours, co-workers and friends by committing to One Simple Act. Collectively your simple acts will have a positive impact on Alberta's environment.
Which One Simple Act will you commit to?
- I will compost at home.
- I will use cloth or other reusable bags when I go shopping.
- I will recycle.
- I will pack a reusable mug.
- I will replace one regular bulb with a compact fluorescent bulb.
- I will plant a tree.
- I will wash clothes in cold water.
- I will take one fewer car trip a week.
- I will strive to be idle-free.
- I will turn down the thermostat at night.
- I will buy food grown locally.
- I will reduce standby power (i.e., power used by electronic equipment when it is not in use).
- I will use an energy efficient lawn mower.
- I will maintain my vehicle’s tire pressure.
- I will take shorter showers.
- I will install a low flow toilet.
- I will keep my drinking water in the fridge.
- I will only run the washing machine and dishwasher with full loads.
- I will turn off the tap while brushing my teeth.
- I will check my taps and toilets for leaks and repair them if needed.
There are so many more simple actions we can do alone and together will make a big difference. Have you selected one? Get counted and register your action for One Simple Act. Tell us your story and Add Your Voice.
Commit Online. Join thousands of other Albertans and commit to one simple act.
There are more, commit to Biodiversity and One Simple Act.
Promote your commitment on paper, print it off and display it to your friends.
Talk It Up!
Share Your Success Story. Many Albertans have joined One Simple Act and are achieving their goals. Tell us your story along with a picture. Selected stories may be featured online.
Add Your Voice. Read what others are saying about One Simple Act and:
Discuss on Facebook. Engage others in discussion and share ideas suggestions and tips about how to take action at home, at work, at school and in communities.
Spread One Simple Act. Demonstrate your commitment to Alberta’s environment and get others involved by downloading and displaying One Simple Act posters, badges and certificates.
Deliver a Program
One Simple Act has presenter resources for workshops, presentations and community programs that Alberta groups or organizations can deliver on their own. These self-delivered programs can be presented to homeowners, tenants, businesses, communities and schools.
Other comprehensive information packages called, toolkits, are also available for audiences:
Get our Newsletter. Learn more and receive updates about One Simple Act by joining our email list. A regular newsletter will be sent outlining new simple actions and useful information for reducing your environmental footprint. Sign up now!
Updated: Aug 11, 2015